Wednesday, September 2nd @ Lake County Invite: The temperatures soared this week, and we worked hard to stay hydrated. Despite this preparation, our energy level did not match the enthusiasm of Deerfield. While this course is a favorite of many on the team, it is slightly more challenging than the flat course at Deerfield and the times showed it. That being said, several Zee-Bees earned LPRs today! Freshie Emily earned one by dropping 22 seconds from her previous best while freshie Iman showcased a great kick and an impressive 2:02 drop! Heidi also earned an LPR for the day by 8 seconds. The following Bees finished their first three mile race ever: Jessica, Carmen, Odalis, Ashley N., Juliana, and Michelle. Nice work, women! :)
A few thoughts as we head into our next week of racing:
1. Let's not take any races for granted. The season goes by quickly, and it's so easy to write off a race because of difficult conditions. Smart runners seize every opportunity to improve!
2. Let's apply our practice 300s to race day. You are stronger than you think you are! Don't be afraid to kick earlier in your race.
3. Great races are not born out of fear. As I debriefed with people on the bus, I kept hearing the same excuse: "I was afraid to go out too fast." On race day, flip through your log book on the bus. Take pride in your consistent hard work, and believe in that training. When you step to the line, remember that all of those workouts are IN you...and shut down that negative dialogue in your head!
A few reminders for the upcoming week:
1. Don't forget to keep working with your partner toward BINGO! The prizes are bigger and better this week!
2. Double check your grade status as our first grade check of the season will be on Wednesday, September 9th. Our academic goal is to avoid having any study sessions; each woman must do her part to make this goal come true. If you are struggling with any of your classes, let me help you find the right resources to succeed!
3. Use this long weekend to recover. Get some rest, do something fun, and catch up on your homework.
4. Don't forget to order your 2015 ZBXC Gear before 9/8. Click here to order, and be sure to double-check your email confirmation. We will NOT reorder clothes later.
Leave a Reply.